Pokemon Go Apk was first known by children many years back; it was a greatly loved cartoon. Then it became a computer game where all the original characters were depicted namely; Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise and Pikachu to name just a few. That was the Pokémon game which was later implemented to be played on smartphones, hence Pokémon Go was born. This leads us to the Android version namely, Pokémon Go APK.
APK means Android Application Package.
It was created when smartphones became all the craze and almost managed to replace our Personal Computers while we were on the go. Since games were always available on even the tiniest of our cellular phones and used sparingly to pass the time while we waited in traffic or waiting rooms. As such, smartphones were no exception and were implemented with games from the beginning of their invention. Their operating systems were gradually upgraded until they could run almost all games. The Pokémon Go was no exception among these games and hence the creation of the Android Application Package for the Pokémon Go franchise.
It is a game designed to be played outdoors meaning exactly that, and you have to take your smartphone with you as well. Pokémon Go APK is the Pokémon game designed specifically for Android smartphones. It is an augmented reality game not a virtual reality.
Put on your shoes, go outside and hunt for those Pokémon in the real world but virtually. You need to capture all those Pokémon out there.
There are three teams, and you can only be a member of one team of the three and battle for the privilege and the ownership of a gym along with your Pokémon.
Walking around your neighborhood, you will find the smartphone vibrating when there is a Pokémon in the nearby vicinity. Aim, then throw a Poke ball, taking care that the Pokémon could escape from you.
Each Pokémon has an original or native habitat and usually, Pokémon appears near their native habitats. For example:
- Water type Pokémon appear by lakes, rivers, beaches, oceans, or any water source.
- Plant Pokémon could be found most probably around picnic areas or parks
Each type of Pokémon is good against a certain type of evil Pokémon. Examples are:
- Bug type – good against psychic, dark…
- Dark type – good against a ghost, psychic…
- Dragon type – good against dragon…
- Fighting type – good against normal, ice, steel…
Origin of the game
Basically, the game transforms your city or neighborhood into a game scene where you can interact with the surroundings.
The developers of Ingress – namely Niantic have managed to combine all the magic of the original Nintendo classics, taking the best ideas from that original version.
Pokémon Go is the first of the Pokémon family franchise to land among the gigantic android family.
How to play
- First, you choose an avatar that represents you in the game, to play with.
- Turn on your GPS – on your smart phone.
- Using GPS, your avatar will move along with you.
- You will need to get outside to capture any Pokémon.
- Take aim and throw a Poke ball at the virtually present Pokémon.
- Stay alert or the Pokémon could get away.
- The game evolves into levels.
- Earn Candy since that helps make your Pokémon stronger.
Poke stops are those places where u can restock on items for the game such as Poke balls, poke coins, great balls, Ultra-balls, Master balls, Pokémon eggs and Lucky eggs; to mention just a few. They are usually interesting places like:
- Art institutions
- Historical markers
- .. etc.
As you move up in levels Pokémon could be found:
This simply means that:
- You catch more powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokedex.
- You increase your collection when your Pokémon Eggs hatch ( depending on the distance you have walked.
- When you catch many Pokémon of the same kind that enables your Pokémon to evolve.
- You take on gym battles to defend your gym.
- For example; Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and after that to Charizard.
- You battle together to defeat a gym and it becomes yours.
- You assign your Pokémon to defend the gym against all comers and attackers.
- Participate in raid battles.
- You can work with other trainers.
Imagine all that and even much more has been implemented into the APK version. So, you have it all on the go, in your smart Android phone. The game is earning very high ratings, despite the negative reviews involving obsession and potential dangers that come with playing the game for hours at a time and almost anywhere. There are still a lot of countries that don’t have the game.
- You get to make your children get out of the house.
- They will be playing in gardens, picnic grounds, parks and museums.
- It’s a hands-on experience of learning all about their country – monuments, arts, beaches, rivers, roads …etc.
- It is very involving.
- It is addictive.
- It could be potentially dangerous if the terrain is not safe.
- It is now known as one of the most sought-after games.
- You get in trouble during the game.
- A lot of money is spent in the Poke Store.
- You need some personal necessities while on the go such as; sunscreen, water, food, training shoes and a portable charger among others.
- Good graphics.
- It’s a great time killer.
- Suitable for all ages.
Some of the versions of the Pokémon Go game are:
- Version 0.69.0 which is the latest version.
- Version 0.67.2 which is an older version.
- Version 0.67.1
- Version 0.63.4
These are just the latest and most used versions of the game, older versions are quite a long list that go back as far as Version 0.195.2 updated July 5, 2021. An update had been provided every one or two weeks.